Nearly 12 years ago, I was trained as a Marriage and Family Therapist. I sat in over 11,000 sessions with clients, and became fascinated by the experience of suffering, and what it takes to turn that suffering around.
By my early 30's I began to see more clearly my own experience of suffering...I came home one night after another disappointment in love, and I wondered if life was even worth living.
This thought shook me up. If I was willing to question the VALUE of my life for love...then there must be something wrong with the way I was loving!...
I began to wonder...
- Why did I spend years in mediocre relationships...
- Why did I wait for men who didn't want to commit...?
- When I was in a "good" relationship, why did I feel lonely...?
- Why did I sometimes feel smaller, suffocated, and even sleepy when I had a partner?...
I began to see that I had spent YEARS learning from, and following, what I now call a "Traditional Marriage Model."
For me, this meant...
- I didn't feel, or express, anger.
- I stuffed my “negative” emotions,
- I knew how to "love," but I didn't know how to be REAL.
- I knew how to "do what was right," but I didn't know how to identify and communicate my needs.
- I believed that in order to TRULY be loved and accepted I needed sacrifice myself for others.
No wonder I had felt sleepy in my relationships!...this is NOT the kind of Marriage I wanted...
Even though I was a Marriage & Family Therapist, I knew very little about the Universal Laws of Intimate Relationships.
And so, I invested over $70,000, and began a whole new level of "schooling..." I hired relationship coaches, read relationship books, signed up for relationship courses, & went to relationship conferences...
I began to take all of the therapy models I'd studied, and all of the coaching models that had helped, and I distilled what I was learning into four essential steps (called the P.O.E.T Process)
I began to apply these four steps to my love life...
And I met my husband, Bryce.
I continue to apply these four steps, and I am able to experience an expanding love, support, connection, affection, and partnership!
These are THE FOUR STEPS we teach ALL of our Private Clients, and these are THE FOUR STEPS that are absolutely essential to Advancing any relationship...whether it's with yourself, a loved one, your money, your body...etc.
You can learn the same four-step process (POET) to begin having more fun, more love, more commitment, more attention, more affection, and more intimacy in your most important relationships.
While it took me years to learn the secrets of a real relationship, you don't need to wait! You can begin creating everything you want in your relationship life...starting today!
Here's to lighting up your life, and sharing it with others!